Sometimes you just want something 'snacky'. You know the moment; it's about 9pm and you're watching crap on TV ('cabbaging') and you just want 'a little something' to fill the small gap in your tummy and your brain. It's all too easy to reach for crap snacks (as well as the TV remote to try and find something decent to watch). There are plenty of mainstream crisps on the market that are vegan for sure but with a tiny bit more thought you can prepare a more nutritious (and probably a whole lot more tasty) snack for such moments.
Here is just one example that we've enjoyed recently. Only one problem; they don't last very long. One episode of Qi and they are gone!
Curried Cashew and Raisin Snack
1 cup of cashews
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3/4 teaspoon mild curry powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1/2 cup raisins
1. Toast the cashews in a dry frying pan (or if the oven is on bung them in on a baking tray) until lightly browned.
2. Add the sesame oil to the frying pan followed by the spices and seeds. Mix until well coated.
3. Add the soya sauce and again stir to coat well.
4. Finally add the raisins and stir to coat before taking off the heat.
5. Cool, enjoy and try not to eat before the end of the programme!