Sunday 3 August 2014

Vanilla Cashew Yoghurt


Wowzers!  I've just made this Vanilla Cashew Yoghurt and I'm amazed any has made it into this jar before all being eaten!

A friend had pointed me in the direction of Dreena Burton's Plant-Powered Kitchen website and I had a little look and found this curious recipe among many other must try delights.  We were out of cashews, which is a sin in our house anyway, so after restocking I immediately set about trying out this cashew based yoghurt.  It was a great decision and, with two thirds of a jar of the required applesauce still left, I shall be repeating it as quickly as you can say 'soak them cashews'!

Next on the hit list from this amazing site are the Raw Chai Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting.   I noted that both these recipes are from Dreena's book 'Let Them Eat Vegan' so suddenly I have another excuse to buy yet more vegan cook books.  In fact all her books look amazing so I imagine quite a few of them may make their way onto Santa's list this year (Phil take note!).

No comments:

Post a Comment