Wednesday 3 January 2018

Giving It Some Welly


I know, I know, the festive season is over so why am I putting this post up?  Well, we don't need Christmas as an excuse to have a good nosh up and we do love our roasts regardless of the season.  

I happened across this festive recipe on line for Portabello Mushroom Wellington before Christmas (the video below popped up on my Facebook feed) and I fully intended to make it for Christmas dinner but then we happened upon a Tofurky roast and succumbed.  Instead I made this for New Year's Day dinner and it was lovely, especially so as the chestnuts we used were foraged ones that we had previously cooked up and squirrelled away in the freezer.  It makes enough to feed a few Phil's so we have leftovers to enjoy too (another excuse for a roast tonight me thinks!).

So Christmas may be over but that is no excuse to not enjoy some wonderful filling winter warmers like this one!  We highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment