Wednesday 17 July 2019

A Rush of Raspberries and a Resulting Random Dessert



We are having the best crop of raspberries we've ever had. Even sharing them with our local mama blackbird isn't a problem as there is more than enough for all of us (okay we admit it would have been hard for us to have disputed that anyway given that we have the option of dropping to the local shops for our food and she hasn't!).  It's nice to share though (I might have to have a word about our smaller supply of strawberries with her though).

Every day we have more to pick.  Some are making it into morning smoothies, some popped straight into the mouth and some squirrelled away in the freezer for out of season fruity treats.  This evening though I decided to busk it and use some with an impromptu dessert.  I only had what we had in our cupboards to work with but given that our cupboards always seem to have an ample supply of random ingredients, it wasn't too hard.  I had also enjoyed a glass or two of chilled vino blanco in the sunny garden beforehand so ease of dessert recipe was quite important too.

Here is what happened........

Get In There Before Mama Blackbird Raspberry Dessert

Take a small handful of raspberries and drop into the bottom of a glass.  Drizzle with some Vegan Honea.  Let's see, what happened next?...... Ah yes, I chopped up some hazelnuts and chucked them on top.  I then spooned about 4 teaspoons of The Almond Collaborative 'Yoghurt' on top.  Then I decided to add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (we had some rather lovely hazelnut balsamic at hand for this).  Then I sprinkled on top some porridge oats and followed it with a pouring of Creamy Oatly Single Cream.  Somehow I thought that a drizzle of maple syrup would round it off.  I was naughty but not wrong.  Pop into the fridge and then eat as desired.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment