Saturday 11 May 2019

Make It Up As You Go Along and Do It Right Now Nectarine Pudding


I made a delicious 'make it up as I go along and do it right now' pudding the other day.  I had bought some cheap nectarines at a supermarket, you know the ones that have been priced down because they have gone past their so called 'sell by' date even though they are still too firm to actually eat yet.  Well they suddenly all got ripe at once and after a few morning smoothies there were some left and I then did need to use them up.  I was also in one of those moods when savoury meets sweet and there are certain ingredients that you really fancy.  On this day it was pumpkin seeds and balsamic. 

Phil will tell you that despite the mountain of vegan cook books I have, often I will just go into some weird trance and start making something without really thinking too hard about it.  I don't believe it has ever ended in anything inedible, which is lucky, but when I really hit a 'gold star' moment with something I have cooked it is annoying when I can't remember how I actually got to that point.  This recipe could have been one of those moments had it not involved very few ingredients and I had not rushed to scribble down what I remembered of this simple concoction after I had tasted it.  I told Phil it was terrible (sshhhh..) as I wanted it all to myself.  Here's what happened.....

Make It Up As You Go Along and Do It Right Now Nectarine Pudding

Nectarines (or peaches would be good too, maybe figs, or hang on, apricots too and hmmm, what else.......?)
Bit of vegan margarine
Vegan Honea (love this stuff)
Breadcrumbs
Pumpkin seeds
Balsamic glaze (make sure vegan)
Yoghurt of your choice to serve

1. Slice your nectarines in two, removing the stone.
2. Place in a greased baking dish cut side up.
3. Put a small knob of margarine in the stone indent of each half.
4. Drizzle with Vegan Honea.
5. Scatter over some breadcrumbs and pumpkin seeds.
6. Drizzle over some balsamic glaze.
7. Bake in the oven at about 200 degrees C until soft (reckon it was about 25 minutes)
8. Let cool a little (or totally) and serve with yoghurt and drizzled with more honey.

Scoff, enjoy, don't tell Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment