Wednesday 9 May 2018

Cornish Vegan Markets

Image may contain: text

For a couple of years now I had been talking to Phil about starting a regular vegan market in our village hall.  Unfortunately family events in this time had given me neither the energy or the time to pursue this.  Then about a year ago a regular monthly market sprang up in the village hall.  Although not totally vegan, the vibe and options were sufficient for us to make regular visits.  Then lo and behold, recently news came to me from a friend of a totally vegan market at our village hall, literally a few doors along from our house.  It can't get any better than that.  Our dream had come true!

Hosted by Vegan Events Cornwall, the first vegan market is this Saturday 12th May, and it looks like there are plans for this to be a regular event.  With proceedings kicking off at 2pm and running till 5pm, expect vegan goodies, a zero waste shopping section, hot food, a 100% vegan bar and activities to keep the kids happy.  For more details, including how to get there, please visit the Cornish Vegan Markets Facebook Events page.  As it says in the image above, please do check for details of changes on the events page too, including for future venues in Cornwall.

Sadly I am unable to go this Saturday, entrenched as I am with more family priorities at the other end of the country.  However, Phil I am sure will represent me in spirit and food consumption and I very much look forward to enjoying future Cornish Vegan Markets, wherever they may be in Cornwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment